Saturday, January 19, 2008

Poetic Ramblings...

An Artist’s Canvas

I will not pry, nor bat an eye
If you decide to tell me secrets
Or share with me your dreams
I shall keep them close to me
And never pull them from you
Nor will I say you are wrong
To believe in yourself
To believe in your passion
I shall only feed your fires
And provide more fuel
To keep you burning
And burning
Forevermore until you are consumed
With knowing who you are
Until you have nothing more to do
But to re-create yourself
And I will be right by your side
Listening to your next idea
Preparing for the next adventure
Who shall we be this time?
And I will smile as big as the universe
Because I know the possibilities
Are endless
I know the importance of allowing
You to be endless
To make mistakes
To live however you dare to live
To explore all avenues of destiny and fate
Or to create your own
If you so wish to see
Or not see
But I will not speak against you
Nor squelch your desire to burn
I will not ask you not to dream
I will only dream along with you
And take your hand as we cross the
Boundaries
Dancing along the outskirts of conventional
Creating our next adventure
Who shall we be this time?



The Ride

I cannot stop this flow
Which courses through me
This never ending resonance
That pursues my soul
With insatiable tenacity
Taking me into the unimaginable
I ride on its back
My hair blowing in the wind
Of inspiration
I feel the rush of enthusiasm
Tickle my insides with giddiness
And I clutch tighter to its neck
Keeping the source of its power
Close to me
Until I can feel its Everything
Succumbing to pristine metamorphosis
This formidable substance
That continues to flow within me
I feel the rushing energy begin
To buck me off
I let go of the reignsI Am this flow


A Life Less Than Ordinary

I do not live my life to coordinate
With other people’s beliefs
Nor do I bend
And twist to fit in
Just to say
I belong with them
I do not judge
I do not preach
I do not criticize another’s dream
We are each on our own pilgrimage
And I would never interfere
With another’s road to providence
I have realized a splendid truth
There is no joy in living ordinary
I cannot make my Self be yours
And designate a name for me
I can only be defined by Love
Love is all I want to be
I do not ask to be bound
By what you think I should
Or shouldn’t be
I am a life less than perfect
And I know of my capability
I do not acknowledge boundaries
We only create our own
Shackling ourselves to mediocrity
There are no limitations
To all we can experience
I know my own strength
I do not want to fit in with them
Nor live my life so they are able
To understand Who I am
And Who I always want to be
There is no joy in living ordinary



I Am

I am Inspiration
Hear me tell of Life
And other things
The great beyond
Where gifts are free
But know you have
All the abilities
To enjoy them while
You are here with me
I am Enthusiasm
A fragrant emotion
That speaks of passion
An endless talent
You all possess
Yet I am ignored
More than the rest
But I am persistent
Not easily let go
I find my way back
Into your quiet soul
I am Compassion
An endless spirit
Who knows no limits
Does not reside in it
I will speak of Love
And amazing truth
You can never lose me
I am part of You


Cadence

Do all verses have to rhyme
When writing poetry?
Who says thoughts, and words
And feelings, and emotions
Need be contained in pentameter?
I’d rather let my fingers type
And let my mind follow close behind
Who needs the AABBCC
When there are more important
Things to concentrate your
Wandering thoughts on
Must I write to please the masses?
Or should I let my spirit fly free
To sprinkle bits of inspiration
Onto the computer screen
Should I worry whether you’d disagree
With everything I have said?
Who says I need to watch my words
Or sugarcoat reality?
I would rather eat my words
And never give them life to breathe
For it would only be the same
Fate I would be subjected to
If I had to keep my soul
In verse that rhymes containing
Five metrical feet



Insomnia

I lie down on the bed
Listening to the sound
Of silence
And I think to myself
This is great
I don’t have to fill
In the spaces
Because I found
I rather like silence
Even if it seems
To be invasive
And seep into
The cracks of my walls
Where it lingers like
Old paint
The pale white
Paint that cracks
And peels
Leaving exposed rock

After a few moments
I get nervous
Listening to myself
Inhale
Because I think
What if I don’t
Inhale
What if silence
Is all I have left
Will I still enjoy
Looking at all
The cracks
The leave behind
My exposed soul

A few moments later
I realize
I rather like
The color of
Old paint
Even if it is fading
And its luster
Is a little dull
Because I still
Remember when
It was a brilliant
White underneath
I am rather fond
Of scrubbing



With Fondness

I gobbled up your words
Eager to be inside your head
To be a part of something
You created with your heart
I spent long moments reading
What you thought of love
What you thought of life
What you thought of religion
And I agreed – I still agree
I did not keep you there
Where you would have to
Own up to your words
I knew you were not able
But nevertheless I loved
Poring through miles of letters
Filling my curious soul with
What you thought of peace
What you thought of war
What you thought of relationships
And I agreed – I still agree
Every now and then I still
Make the effort to visit
Your world and experience
Your emotions and energy
Remembering to capture
The old moments that made
Me smile in appreciation
I will always remember
What you thought of dreams
What you thought of you
What you thought of me

No comments: